Scholarship General Rules and Disclaimer
- Entrants must meet the Scholarship Contest eligibility requirements;
- Entries must comply with submission process;
- The submitted video PSA must be entirely the original work of the student entrant; Any plagiarism will disqualify the Entry from consideration;
- The submitted video PSA must be submitted by only one entrant. If the PSA video was made by more than one person, the entrant will be deemed to be the creator of that video PSA;
- All video PSA entries must be submitted with a YouTube URL;
- All entries will be reviewed initially by Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP;
- Entrants must provide all required information on the entry form;
- All entries submitted to Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP in connection with this contest, along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated therewith, become the property of Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP to publish, copy, display, distribute and -reproduce at its discretion and may be published electronically or otherwise by Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP;
- Entry materials will not be returned to any entrant;
- The first prize winner will be selected by our Selection Committee. The First Prize winner will be awarded a $2,000 scholarship;
- The Second and Third Prize winners will be selected by popular vote. Viewers will be allowed to vote for their favorite through the Spangenberg Law Firm website. The qualifying Entry that receives the most votes during the public voting period will be the Second Prize winner. The Second Prize winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship. The qualifying Entry that receives the second-most votes during the public voting period will be the Third Prize winner. The Third Prize winner will receive a $500 scholarship.
- All winners will be notified on or before Monday, May 1, 2017;
- The award check will be made payable to the award recipient’s institution of higher learning, to be used for tuition or related expenses such as books and supplies;
- Winners shall be required to provide a Social Security Number or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number to Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP for issuance of a 1099 Form where appropriate. Award winners are expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations. All federal, state, and local taxes and charges on prizes will be the sole responsibility of the entrant;
- Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP will make every effort to review every video submitted, but Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP is not responsible for any failure to judge an Entry;
- By taking part in this video scholarship contest and/or accepting a prize, each entrant and his or her parents or legal guardians release and agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP and each of its partners or employees, from and against any and all liability and costs in connection with any claim from any liability, injury, damages, cost, or expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or connected to participation in the contest or the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any prizes;
- Each student applicant must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent U.S. resident and be accepted to or enrolled at an institution of higher learning;
- Employees of Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP and immediate family are not eligible to enter the video contest.
History of Excellence
Our firm has been helping individuals since 1946 and has secured billions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
We go the distance for you and your future fight to obtain maximum compensation on your behalf.
Our trial attorneys have tried hundreds of cases and are not afraid to take your case to trial.
We offer one-on-one attention and detailed counsel. To us you are not just another case number.