College Scholarship Contest
Sponsored by Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP
Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP is pleased to announce its 2017 College Scholarship Contest.
Since 1946, Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP has been fighting for justice on behalf of injured parties throughout the United States—whether personal injury, medical malpractice, pharmaceutical torts, or consumer class actions. We are passionate about serving the community and about protecting the rights of our clients.
The Spangenberg Law Firm Video Scholarship Contest challenges entrants to create an original, compelling, and impactful video PSA that addresses the selected topic, engages its viewers and inspires them to become part of the solution. The video must be between 30 and 60 seconds.
Entries will be evaluated on originality, creativity, strength of message, and ability to inspire viewers.
The First Prize winner will be selected by our Selection Committee and awarded a $2,000 scholarship.
A Scholarship Selection Committee will select finalist candidates for the Second and Third Prizes. The video PSAs of the Second and Third Prize finalist candidates will be posted on our website on this page. The Second and Third Prize winners will be selected by popular vote. Viewers will be allowed to vote for their favorite on this page. The qualifying entry that receives the most votes during the public voting period will be the Second prize winner and will receive a $1,000 scholarship. The qualifying entry that receives the most second most votes during the public voting period will be the Third Prize winner and will receive a $500 scholarship.
Applicant Eligibility Criteria
In order to participate in the scholarship contest, entrants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be currently attending or planning to attend a college or university during the 2017-2018 academic year;
- Must be in good academic standing at your current educational institution;
- Must submit all required entry materials and supply all required information by the deadline;
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent U.S. resident;
- Must have read and agree to the General Rules & Disclaimers;
- Employees of Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP and immediate family members are not eligible for this essay contest.
- The deadline for submitting videos is 11:59pm EST on Friday, March 31, 2017;
- The finalists who are candidates for Second and Third Place will be posted on the site for public voting on Tuesday, April 18, 2017;
- The public voting period will end at 11:59pm EST on Sunday, April 30, 2017;
- The First, Second, and Third Place winners will be announced on Monday, May 1, 2017.
How to Submit an Entry
Submit the following no later than the deadline:
- A completed entry form;
- An original 30-60 second PSA video (YouTube link only) on one of the Scholarship Contest topics;
- Proof of current enrollment and good standing at your current school;
- Proof of acceptance to a college or university for Fall 2017.
The following required documents must be received no later than 11:59pm EST on Friday, March 31, 2017:
- An official copy of your current academic transcript;
- Proof of acceptance to or enrollment at an institution of higher learning.
History of Excellence
Our firm has been helping individuals since 1946 and has secured billions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
We go the distance for you and your future fight to obtain maximum compensation on your behalf.
Our trial attorneys have tried hundreds of cases and are not afraid to take your case to trial.
We offer one-on-one attention and detailed counsel. To us you are not just another case number.