The Spangenberg Law Firm Video Scholarship Contest challenges entrants
to create an original, compelling, and impactful video PSA that addresses
the selected topic, engages its viewers and inspires them to become part
of the solution.
The video must be between 30 and 60 seconds.
Entries will be evaluated on originality, creativity, strength of message,
and ability to inspire viewers.
The First Prize winner will be selected by our Selection Committee and
awarded a $2,000 scholarship.
A Scholarship Selection Committee will select finalist candidates for the
Second and Third Prizes. The video PSAs of the Second and Third Prize
finalist candidates will be posted on our website on this page. The Second
and Third Prize winners will be selected by popular vote. Viewers will
be allowed to vote for their favorite on this page. The qualifying entry
that receives the most votes during the public voting period will be the
Second prize winner and
will receive a $1,000 scholarship. The qualifying entry that receives the most second most votes during the
public voting period will be the Third Prize winner and
will receive a $500 scholarship.
APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
In order to participate in the scholarship contest, entrants must meet
the following criteria:
- Must be currently attending or planning to attend a college or university
during the 2017-2018 academic year;
- Must be in good academic standing at your current educational institution;
- Must submit all required entry materials and supply all required information
by the deadline;
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent U.S. resident;
Must have read and agree to the
General Rules & Disclaimers;
- Employees of Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP and immediate family members
are not eligible for this essay contest.
The deadline for submitting videos is
11:59pm EST on
Friday, March 31, 2017;
The finalists who are candidates for Second and Third Place will be posted
on the site for public voting on
Tuesday, April 18, 2017;
The public voting period will end at
11:59pm EST on
Sunday, April 30, 2017;
The First, Second, and Third Place winners will be announced on
Monday, May 1, 2017.
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY
Submit the following no later than the deadline:
- A completed entry form;
- An original 30-60 second PSA video (YouTube link only) on one of the Scholarship
- Proof of current enrollment and good standing at your current school;
- Proof of acceptance to a college or university for Fall 2017.
The following required documents must be received no later than 11:59pm
EST on Friday, March 31, 2017:
- An official copy of your current academic transcript;
- Proof of acceptance to or enrollment at an institution of higher learning.