Ohio Emergency Room Errors Attorneys
Put Decades of Experience on Your Side
The role of the emergency department is to identify those patients who are seriously ill and to make sure that they are properly treated by emergency care providers, or admitted into the hospital for the level of care required. Unfortunately, emergency department personnel often do not take the necessary steps to fully evaluate a patient's condition in order to make a correct diagnosis.
This can result in wrongful treatment, or patients being sent home when they need to be admitted into the hospital. A misdiagnosis in the emergency department can put a patient's life at risk. If you or a loved one has been injured in emergency room accident, speak with a Cleveland emergency room error lawyer from Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP for more information.
Knowledgeable Representation from Spangenberg Shibley & Liber
Determining whether a doctor has misdiagnosed a medical condition in the emergency room requires an in-depth understanding of medical conditions and the occurrence of specific symptoms in conjunction with life-threatening conditions. Very few personal injury plaintiff law firms can offer the level of sophisticated case preparation and representation of which Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP is capable.
For 70 years, our attorneys have been building our reputation by handling the most complex medical malpractice cases. We are proud of our case results on behalf of our clients, most of which have been referred to us by law firms and lawyers who cannot provide the resources required to win complex cases involving emergency department misdiagnoses.
Frequent failure to diagnose conditions in an emergency room setting include:
- Heart attack
- Stroke and pulmonary embolism
- Infectious disease
- Perforated/blocked bowel
Experienced Firm with a Long History of Case Wins
Here are some examples of cases we have won involving emergency room malpractice:
- A mother who had delivered her first child came to the emergency room complaining of headaches. She was discharged with a diagnosis of tension headache, when in fact she was suffering from severe high blood pressure which ultimately caused bleeding into her brain. Tragically and unnecessarily, she died at home the next day. The case was settled for $1,350,000.
- In another case, a retired mother of two went to an urgent care center complaining of severe fever and weakness. She was discharged with a diagnosis of the flu. The emergency room physician missed the lab work results that would have revealed that the patient was suffering from bacterial meningitis. The patient died the next day. The case was settled for $1,500,000.
- Our lawyers won a verdict of $8,200,000 on behalf of a man who became a paraplegic due to the emergency room physicians' and nurses' failures to diagnose the patient's herniated disk impinging on his spinal cord. Had this diagnosis been made earlier, prompt surgical intervention would have permitted him to lead a normal life without any paralysis.
- Our lawyers also obtained a verdict of $2,300,000 on behalf of the family of a man who died after several hours of a delay in making the diagnosis of an abdominal aortic aneurysm. At trial, it was conclusively proven that the patient's death could have been prevented had the emergency room doctor followed up on radiology reports that showed the ruptured aneurysm.
Consult Our Cleveland Emergency Room Error Lawyers in a Free Review
If we pursue the claim on your behalf, you'll have an experienced team of successful trial lawyers working aggressively to help you get the justice and compensation you deserve and need. We've got the financial and professional resources to put into a case that may take more than a year to resolve. Let us provide you with our effective and efficient legal services.
Call Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP at (216) 600-0114 for a free review.
History of Excellence
Our firm has been helping individuals since 1946 and has secured billions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
We go the distance for you and your future fight to obtain maximum compensation on your behalf.
Our trial attorneys have tried hundreds of cases and are not afraid to take your case to trial.
We offer one-on-one attention and detailed counsel. To us you are not just another case number.