Cleveland Slip & Fall Accident Attorneys
Helping Victims of Slip, Trip & Fall Accidents in Ohio
Slip-and-fall accidents are a leading cause of injury in the United States. If a property owner fails to address a spill or dangerous condition on the premises at an appropriate time, they may be held liable for any injuries caused by the condition.
At Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP, we represent individuals who have been seriously injured in slip and fall accidents. Our Cleveland slip-and-fall accident lawyers have a proven track record of success in these cases, having recovered millions of dollars for our clients. We understand the unique challenges you are facing, and we are prepared to fight for the maximum compensation you are owed.
What is a Slip & Fall Accident?
Slip and fall accidents are a specific type of premises liability claim. They involve situations in which a person slips, trips, or falls on someone else’s property and is injured as a result. These accidents can happen anywhere, but they are particularly common in retail stores, restaurants, and other public places.
Some of the most common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Wet or slippery floors
- Uneven or damaged flooring
- Loose or missing handrails
- Cluttered walkways
- Insufficient lighting
- Unmarked steps or changes in elevation
- Debris or other hazards in walkways
Slip-and-fall accidents can cause a wide range of injuries, from minor scrapes and bruises to severe head trauma and broken bones. In some cases, these accidents can even be fatal. If you or someone you love was injured in a slip-and-fall accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Who is Liable for a Slip & Fall Accident?
Liability for a slip-and-fall accident depends on the specific circumstances of the case. In general, however, the property owner or occupier can be held liable if the accident was caused by a dangerous condition on the property that the owner knew or should have known about.
There are three main types of people who can be held liable for a slip-and-fall accident:
- The property owner: In some cases, the property owner is the one who is responsible for maintaining the property and keeping it safe for others. In other cases, the property owner may have hired a property management company to handle these tasks. Either way, the property owner can be held liable for a slip-and-fall accident if the dangerous condition that caused the accident was the result of their negligence.
- The property occupier: The property occupier is the person or entity that is currently using the property. This could be the property owner, a tenant, or a business that is leasing the property. The property occupier can be held liable for a slip-and-fall accident if they were responsible for maintaining the property and keeping it safe for others.
- The property management company: In some cases, the property owner may have hired a property management company to handle the day-to-day maintenance of the property. If the property management company was responsible for maintaining the property and keeping it safe for others, they could be held liable for a slip-and-fall accident.
It is important to note that property owners and occupiers are not automatically liable for a slip-and-fall accident that occurs on their property. To recover compensation, you will need to prove that the property owner or occupier was negligent in some way. This means that you will need to show that they failed to take reasonable steps to keep the property safe and that this failure was the cause of your injuries.
What to Do After a Slip & Fall Accident
After a slip-and-fall accident, it is important to take certain steps to protect your health and your legal rights. If you are physically able to do so, you should:
- Report the accident to the property owner or manager
- Take pictures of the accident scene and your injuries
- Get the names and contact information of any witnesses
- Seek medical attention, even if you do not think you were seriously injured
- Follow your doctor’s orders and attend all follow-up appointments
- Keep a record of all your medical expenses and other accident-related costs
- Do not give a recorded statement to the insurance company
- Do not post about the accident on social media
- Do not accept a settlement offer without first speaking to an attorney
It is also important to contact an experienced slip-and-fall accident lawyer as soon as possible. Your attorney can help you understand your legal rights and options, and they can handle all communication with the insurance company on your behalf. This can help ensure that your rights are protected and that you do not say or do anything that could hurt your case.
How Our Slip & Fall Accident Lawyers Can Help
At Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP, we understand the unique challenges you are facing after a slip-and-fall accident. We know that you are likely dealing with serious injuries, mounting medical bills, and other accident-related costs. We also know that the insurance company is not on your side.
When you choose our firm, you can rely on us to:
- Conduct a thorough investigation into the accident
- Identify all potentially liable parties
- Work with experts to calculate the full extent of your damages
- Handle all communication with the insurance company
- Negotiate for a fair settlement on your behalf
- Prepare your case for trial, if necessary
Our Cleveland slip-and-fall accident attorneys have a proven track record of success in these cases. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, and we are prepared to fight for you.
History of Excellence
Our firm has been helping individuals since 1946 and has secured billions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
We go the distance for you and your future fight to obtain maximum compensation on your behalf.
Our trial attorneys have tried hundreds of cases and are not afraid to take your case to trial.
We offer one-on-one attention and detailed counsel. To us you are not just another case number.