Spangenberg Shibley & Liber is continuing to operate with the health and safety of our employees and clients as a top priority, but we are available for phone conferences and via email.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Call Today216.600.0114
Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP | Jan 9, 2014

My Child Was Hit By Car, What Can I Do?

Categories: Personal Injury

Children can be in dangerous situations much more often than any of us would want. Children are often impulsive and not aware how much danger they could be in at any time. For example, your child may be in harm’s way whenever they ride their bicycle. Not only is it possible that they cause their own accidents and fall, but they could also be injured by someone else.

If your child were hit by a car because the driver was not paying attention, would you know what to do next? Are you aware of your rights?

Taking Legal Action Against a Negligent Driver

A child hit by a car while riding their bike can suffer many devastating injuries such as broken bones and bruises. If your child has been injured, you may have a right to take legal action against the person who caused the accident. Working together with an experienced personal injury attorney, you can file a lawsuit against the driver seeking compensation for things like medical bills, income you lost while you took care of your child, and other costs incurred due to the accident.

How an Attorney Can Help

If you bring a claim against someone else, you will need help proving your case to either a judge or jury. Your attorney can do this by gathering evidence. Your attorney can question witnesses, review accident reports, and view photographic evidence to assist in proving your case. He or she can also hire accident reconstructionists whose job is to rebuild the accident scene to help prove how the accident occurred and who was at fault.

Was Your Child Injured in an Accident with a Car?

At Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP, we believe that negligent drivers who cause harm to children should be brought to justice. If you have questions about your rights and believe you have a valid personal injury claim on your hands, call our firm to discuss your case with a highly qualified Cleveland personal injury lawyer. Please call (216) 600-0114 or fill out our online case evaluation form to get started.