Kevin Hulick is an Ohio Trial Lawyer passionate about helping clients protect their rights and interests in high stakes matters. With experience in administrative, government, employment, criminal, banking law, and high profile litigation, among other practice areas, Kevin leverages his insight to deliver personalized and tenacious advocacy in pursuit of the best possible outcomes for our clients.
Prior to joining Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP, Kevin double-majored in economics and political science with a minor in philosophy at Youngstown State University, where he graduated summa cum laude, and went on to earn his law degree from the University of Virginia.
Kevin was named by Best Lawyers® to the 2021 Ones to Watch list, recognized for Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs.
Following law school, Kevin honed his craft and skills as an assistant attorney general working with the Ohio Attorney General’s office in Columbus, as an associate attorney with a commercial litigation firm, where he drafted motions and represented a liquidating trust in suing numerous banks for breaching representations and warranties in the sale of mortgage loans, and as a Law Clerk to the Hon. Benita Y. Pearson in the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio.
Kevin is admitted to practice in Ohio, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, and the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
- 2018-Present: Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP, Associate
- 2017-2018: Law Clerk to the Honorable Benita Y. Pearson, United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
2016-2017: Carpenter Lipps & Leland LLP, Columbus, Ohio
- Represented a liquidating trust in suing numerous banks for breaching representations and warranties in the sale of mortgage loans.
- Drafted numerous motions
2015-2016: Ohio Attorney General’s Office, Columbus, Ohio
- Examined and cross-examined witnesses in multiple administrative hearings
- Represented statewide office holders in high-profile litigation
2015: University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
- Participated in Virginia’s Prosecution Clinic, taking multiple misdemeanor cases to bench trial
- Competed in both intramural and extramural moot court
- Founding member of Barrister’s United, the law school soccer club
2012: Youngstown State University, B.A.
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- Major: Economics and Political Science, minor in Philosophy
- Student commencement speaker at graduation
- Three-Time All American in the American Collegiate Moot Court Association
- Coached debate for three years at high school alma mater, Austintown-Fitch High School
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Best Lawyers® 2021 Ones to Watch, recognized for Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs.
Awards & Honors
- A $3.97 million medical malpractice jury verdict for permanent injuries sustained during a typically routine biopsy procedure.