At Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP, we care about your safety. As such, you should know the various ways to stay safe on the road. Aside from defensive driving, we encourage you to know your area. Below, we’ll list out some of the most dangerous highways you may encounter in Ohio.
The Roadways to Watch For
- Interstate 71: Each year, there are roughly 18 fatalities on this highway alone. Rush hour can make for significant dangers, and several areas with construction create potential crash areas as drivers attempt to maneuver around them.
- Interstate 76: In one area on the I-76, the speed limit changes quickly from 70 to 50. This sudden change results in several rear-end crashes and pileups each year.
- Interstate 80: Where the I-80 and I-75 intersect, a large number of crashes occur. Because of the intersections, it can cause severe confusion due to impatient drivers.
- State Route 161: Rush hour can be the most difficult time on the 161, especially where it intersects just east of the I-71. There were recent additions of service roads, but they’ve only caused further confusion.
- Interstate 77: The highway has undergone significant construction over the years, and despite the need for lower speeds in certain areas, many negligent drivers ignore them. It’s also common for accidents in the winter months when inclement weather becomes a potential problem on the road.
Unfortunately, several other highways present problems for drivers, including the Innerbelt Freeway, Highway 271, Interstate 277, Interstate 480, and Highway 670.
At Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP, we aim to protect our clients after a severe injury. Our Cleveland car accident attorneys care about getting you the results you deserve when someone else’s actions cause you harm. Let us be your voice, and we’ll be there when you need us most.
Call our firm today at (216) 600-0114. We offer free consultations to help you get the answers you need.