Nursing Home Residents’ Rights Attorneys in Cleveland
We Protect the Rights of the Elderly
The decision to place an elderly parent or loved one in a nursing home is one of the most difficult and emotional decisions a family can make. Even in the best of circumstances, with the most reputable facilities, the transition can be wrenching for the entire family. Knowing your rights is important. At Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP, we work hard to protect the rights of our clients.
Do You Know What Your Rights Are as a Nursing Home Resident In Ohio?
Once you've chosen a facility for your loved one's care, it is important that you and your loved one, if practical, become familiar with what is commonly known as the Nursing Home Residents' Bill of Rights. Embodied in the Ohio Revised Code, the Nursing Home Residents' Bill of Rights promises certain standards and items of care to residents of nursing home facilities in Ohio.
These rights include:
- The right to a safe and clean living environment
- The right to be free from physical, verbal, and mental abuse, and the right to be treated with courtesy and respect
- The right to adequate and appropriate medical treatment and nursing care
- The right to have all reasonable inquiries and requests responded to promptly
- The right to have clothing and bed sheets changed as necessary to ensure comfort and sanitation
- The right to unrestricted communication with the resident's family
- The right to participate in decisions that affect the resident's life
Nursing home facilities are required to post this list of rights or to provide a copy to their residents. Knowing these rights will assist you in making certain that your loved one receives the quality of care he or she is entitled to under Ohio law. Speaking with an attorney can help you determine whether or not a violation of the Nursing Home Residents' Bill of Rights took place.
Want to know more about Ohio's Nursing Home Residents' Bill of Rights? Call Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP at (216) 600-0114 to arrange a free case evaluation.
History of Excellence
Our firm has been helping individuals since 1946 and has secured billions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
We go the distance for you and your future fight to obtain maximum compensation on your behalf.
Our trial attorneys have tried hundreds of cases and are not afraid to take your case to trial.
We offer one-on-one attention and detailed counsel. To us you are not just another case number.